Friday 31 July 2015

Though so many different lives.

Hi everyone ,
its been a week and a half for me, so very busy with different things and I love that but it's nice to finally get a morning indoors. Around this time last week, I was asked to write for an event we had, a MultiCultural day in the City Centre, it was alot of fun but it really made me think alot. I do not really think about Cultures and origins and races all that much, And I'm sure that I take for granted all the liberties I have to live in a place with no limitations and tensions racially. It was just a lovely day to celebrate that , this was a part of what I said on the day :

I look around and I see colours,
All of us here one by one.
No longer underground are the cries of joy,
The light has been brought out by the sun.
I look around and I see smiles, on every face from ear to ear;
In every corner and every mile
Being together has brought us near.
So here we are, hand in hand, from the North, South and the Western Hills.
The void between ignorance and bliss is closing further still.
Bunched and mixed together, culture in a pot.
Unconventional with solidarity - a movement that cannot be stopped.
I look around and Thank the Father, for we are all unique and wise.
All made with the same hands
- though so many different lives.

By Lakechia Jeanne
DoPoetry©

No comments:

Post a Comment